Making a Headboard

A while ago I decided that our bed could use a serious makeover. I finally got to the task last week, and I am so happy with the results. Instead of looking like the cheapest bed that Ikea offers (which it is), it looks classic and refined.

The process was so simple. Here are my step by step photos. You can see that Gatsby helped me all along the way.

The bed before, all taken apart.

Staining the wood.
I bought a piece of foam, cut it to fit, then hot-glued it to the wood.
Using a staple gun, I attached the fabric to the frame, going one side at a time and pulling tight.
Sewing on some buttons was the last step, and voila! A happy bed and an even happier Chelsea:)

To see a picture of what it looked like before, click here.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Making a Headboard

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s